The 5 big disruptions to marketing in 2018
April 4, 2018 by Lauren Donovan
Find out what’s changed, what’s ahead and how marketers can leverage these disruptions for a successful 2018.
The marketing world is in the middle of five major disruptions that are reshaping the industry as we know it:
- Digital transformation.
- Microservices and APIs.
- Vertical competition.
- Digital everything.
- Artificial intelligence.
These trends are dramatically altering the digital landscape in which business operate and changing how brands function internally, as well as how they engage with customers. In this e-book, Scott Brinker outlines what lies ahead for marketers in the next three to five years and dives into the following areas:
- Marketing’s cross-organizational role in governing customer experience.
- Distributing innovation with citizen developers, analysts, and integrators.
- Marketing operations and technology management in a post-platform world.
- Conversational interfaces as the most promising new digital touch points.
- Dealing with real threats with emerging AI technologies and how to mitigate them